Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve - From my Couch!

Well, it has arrived. It is finally New Year's Eve!  

The end of 2015 is upon us and the beginning of a new chapter awaits, ripe and ready to become whatever we choose to make it.



I have always loved New Year’s Eve.  I delight in celebrating the coming of a whole new year with all of its promise of future adventures.  I love joining in the festivities with friends and gallivanting around spreading all of the joy I have bubbling up inside of me.  Typically, I express this joy by shouting random and obscure statements at the top of my lungs throughout the night.  


Hmm… it dawns on me as I write this that perhaps others do not view my spreading of joy in the same light.  

"What do you mean you don't want to sing Spice Girls at the top of  your lungs with me in the middle of the bar?  Why on earth not?" 

It always seems so fun at the time! 

Truth be told, the “gallivanting” aspect of NYE generally comes back to haunt me on January 1st.  I am always slightly amazed that, for all of my positive talk about new beginnings, I actually choose to spend this first day of a new year nursing a pretty nasty hangover.

Perhaps, I am getting old.  Or perhaps, as I prefer to think of it, my healthier and smarter inner voice is winning out. 

In light of this new found wisdom, Noah and I have decided to ring 2016 in from the comfort of our couch while wearing our favorite jammies.  We have a nice bottle of champagne chilling and just stocked up on all the necessary ingredients for a fondue feast which will be made by the resident fondue expert, my dearly beloved husband (thank you, former Melting Pot days)!



I have no doubt that I will look at all of the party pictures on my Facebook newsfeed tomorrow morning and wonder if I should have gotten all dolled up and partied it up with friends. 

That being said, I still can’t find a lick of motivation inside of me to go get ready for a night out on the town.  After the hectic holidays and the demanding nature of getting a business up and running, I can’t help it!  I just want to stay home with Noah and watch the ball drop while curled up on the couch.  

It is, without a doubt, my favorite place in the world. 

So, we will be celebrating what a wonderful year 2015 has been from the comfort of our home, just the two of us.  

Wherever and however you choose to celebrate this year, please be safe.  We wish you all a happy, blessed and safe new year.

Me?  Well, I guess I will see you on the other side! 

Unless of course you do find yourself singing a Spice Girls song at the top of your lungs in the middle of the bar.  In that case please take a video and share it with me immediately.  I do not promise to keep it private!


Cheers and Happy New Year!

Crissy Fishbane


No comments:

Post a Comment