Monday, January 18, 2016

My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe


My Favorite Green Smoothie

I love green smoothies!  They have so many amazing health benefits and can really taste good!

Read more about my secret ingredient to always making a delicious green smoothie.

Here is my favorite green smoothie recipe.  I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand and it always tastes amazing!



Ingredients

  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup blueberries (may alternate with other fruit or berries - I also love mangoes, raspberries and strawberries) I often mix several berries as well!
  • 1/4 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
  • 1 Tablsepoon Flax Seed
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or any other liquid you prefer - I would stick to water, Almond or Coconut Milk)
  • Large handful of Spinach (any greens will work here, kale is another popular choice).  I stuff as much greens into the blender as possible, usually it is 1 1/2 to 2 cups worth.
  • Optional: You may choose to add honey or some other natural sweetener.  I have grown accustomed to drinking my smoothies without any additional sugar.  If you feel you need extra sweetness in your smoothie, I suggest starting with a teaspoon of honey and slowly lessening the amount you put in. The smoothie really is quite sweet already with the fruit and cinnamon... we just have to change our taste buds!

Directions

First blend up all of your fruits, liquids, spices and yogurt.  This ensures that everything is blended nicely and it develops a nice smoothie consistency.  
Next, add in the spinach and blend.  You may have to add the spinach in small batches in order to fit it all in.  Let blend for a couple of minutes.  The longer you blend the smoother and more palatable it will be.  This will also make the smoothie thicker which will make you feel much fuller as you drink it!

No comments:

Post a Comment